Fall is here, this means cold, cloudy and rainy weather all month long. Has this cold weather been having you feel a little down lately? Below are some of the tips on how to beat the blues… They may be small changes you can make around the house, but they can make a huge difference so they could be worth the try.
- Brighten up the indoors! Opening blinds and sitting near windows can be a real mood changer.
- Try eating some chocolate. It can improve blood pressure and brain function as well as reduce risk of heart disease. What’s not to love?
- Exercise! We all know there are benefits to exercise. Doing it under bright lights improves general mental health, social functioning, depressive symptoms, and vitality.
- Get your groove on! Listening to upbeat music improves mood in both the short and long term. There are plenty of feel-good playlists you can find on Spotify out there.
- Plan a vacation, even if you don’t actually take it. It can significantly improve overall happiness.
- Volunteer! Helping others can greatly improve life satisfaction. This is what we call the Givers’ Gain.